Bački Petrovac is a town and municipality located in the South Bačka District of the autonomous province of Vojvodina, Serbia.
The first written records about Petrovac appears in the 13th century when Petrovac is mentioned as a church parish belonging to Bač County. Later that name is changed into Petrovac. Its first inhabitants were the Hungarians and Serbs. In the first half of the 18th century, the Slovaks settled here.
The museum of Slovaks of Vojvodina, founded in 2012, is the legal successor of the National Museum in Backi Petrovac founded in 1949.
The museum of Slovaks of Vojvodina belongs to the institutions of great importance in the culture of the Slovaks in Serbia.
The Matica Slovenska - it was established at the time of the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats, and Slovenes in 1932 on the day of the Slovak National celebrations. The house of Ljudevit Misik, which is where the Matica Slovenská is, is dating from the period before the Second World War.
The National Museum in Bački Petrovac it established in 1949. It is located in the building of the Matica slovenská in the centre of Petrovac. The collection of the museum consists of manufactured artifacts, folk costumes, and a rich archive.
Also in the city, you can see Gallery "Zuzka Medvedova", the Slovak Vojvodina Theater, Aqua Park Petroland, the Catholic church...